Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: My featherweight age?

  1. #1
    Super Member 3incollege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    western Pa.
    Posts
    2,297
    I've had my featherweight for a few years, and I never knew how old it is. I never really thought about untill I see on the board everyone wants to know the birthdate. How do you find the year on the machine ? I have looked but see nothing.

  2. #2
    Super Member Murphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    8,905
    Blog Entries
    1
    I don't know, but have to say I love the location shown in your avatar (smile). Looks so calming and fun.

  3. #3
    Super Member 3incollege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    western Pa.
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy
    I don't know, but have to say I love the location shown in your avatar (smile). Looks so calming and fun.
    In the Atlantic Ocean, with my husband, on the way to ST.Marteen. Life is sweet.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    146
    The serial number is in the area down by the bobbin. Go to the Singer web site and you can look up
    the number there and it will tell you when and where it was manufactured.

  5. #5
    Super Member quilt addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    2,360
    Quote Originally Posted by 3incollege
    I've had my featherweight for a few years, and I never knew how old it is. I never really thought about untill I see on the board everyone wants to know the birthdate. How do you find the year on the machine ? I have looked but see nothing.
    You can look it up on the Singer website using the serial number on the machine. Forget where it is located on the FW, I think under the top somewhere. Should be 2 letters and some numbers. They recently moved the link. I think it is this one.

    http://www.singerco.com/admin-suppor...serial-numbers

  6. #6
    Super Member 3incollege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    western Pa.
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by vivianv
    The serial number is in the area down by the bobbin. Go to the Singer web site and you can look up
    the number there and it will tell you when and where it was manufactured.
    Thanks alot!! As soon as I get off the board I will do that. I hope the tear matches my birth year, that would be alwsome.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Western Washington
    Posts
    146
    I looked for a long time to find one that was my birth year, and in better condition than I am!! Good luck with finding it.

  8. #8
    Super Member 3incollege's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    western Pa.
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by vivianv
    I looked for a long time to find one that was my birth year, and in better condition than I am!! Good luck with finding it.
    My machine was born in 1948, disappointed that not my birth year, 1955. Thanks everyone for your help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.