Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My First UFO >

My First UFO

My First UFO

Old 02-19-2011, 04:01 PM

I have to say that my first UFO comes to mind immediately when I see the acronym. I started a trip around the world Queen size and by the time I began sewing all the blocks together, I hated a few of the fabrics I had chosen. I lost interest fast because I didn't want the outcome and knew I wouldn't use the quilt based on that fact. Since then, the pieces and parts have been scattered to the wind in various boxes since my move from Alaska 4 years ago when everything was shoved into the boxes they would fit in. Needless to say I suppose that counts as scraps now since I would NEVER be able to order them again or even find all the parts either. UGH. Anyone else ever lose interest so quickly in their fabric choices?
Old 02-20-2011, 03:03 AM

I bought some material for my daughter to make her a quilt with..She hates it and now I have 2 yards of what I think is cute fabric and nothing to do with it :cry: ..Here is a picture of it..
Attached Thumbnails attachment-116350.jpe  
Old 02-20-2011, 03:05 AM

YUK!
Old 02-20-2011, 03:17 AM

LOL guess I can hold on to it for the next ugly fabric contest??
Old 02-20-2011, 03:44 AM
Power Poster

sure have. I hav a bin full right now to donate to local retirement home for their craft department.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:19 AM
Power Poster

yes, i have one of those, and after a couple years and using most of the fabrics in other places- the parts i had put together i wound up using for other things too..i made a table runner out of part of it, i made a couple tote bags out of part of it...and i think i sent some of it out to someone i donate to...had to make it just go away-finally.
i have found if i don't stick with something there is a good chance i will scavenge the fabrics for other projects --then that one is (doomed)
one way i found to battle this was making more scrappy projects so i can add other fabrics when i have used something ... :thumbup:
Old 02-20-2011, 10:12 AM

Maybe if you cut it up into strings.........?
Old 02-20-2011, 12:37 PM

Harley enthusiasts love skull fabric of all sorts. You might list it. CKCOWL - I love do scrappy's anyway and have found that a little bit of everything makes good use in time that way. I really like the whole idea of charm quilts that have fussy cuts in them.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:48 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
I bought some material for my daughter to make her a quilt with..She hates it and now I have 2 yards of what I think is cute fabric and nothing to do with it :cry: ..Here is a picture of it..
Keep it for next year and submit it to the "Ugly fabric challenge" (You can tell I agree with your daughter) OR, since you really like it, make a quilt for yourself. The scale of the print would go with a lot of patterns.