Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My "Free Quilt"

Blog Entries

My "Free Quilt"

I have a great pattern for "The Free Quilt" that I purchased years ago. I have made one and it is in the back of my car. It uses one 6.5" square surrounded by 2.5" squares. Anyway ...

I made two more recently and purchased a back for them. Got the back all loaded onto my longarm and have the top almost loaded when my husband walks in and asks if that is a king-size quilt (he has asked this several times in the last few months - am thinking he wants a different quilt on the bed).

Both quilts measure about 60 x 80. I got to looking at them and figure that if I make more blocks, I can put these together so it is 80 x 120. I could add the new blocks to the 80" side to make it longer.

I must be crazy to do more work or should I just leave them as two????? I really don't have a plan for either of the two quilts so I guess I will be cutting some 6.5" squares (from denim) and making more blocks.

The real deciding factor in making it king-size was a trip to JoAnn's for a package of batting - my lucky day! They had all packaged batting for 50% off and I had a 20% off total purchase (including sale items) so I only paid $20 for the king-size batting!!!! I guess that means the decision is made ... lol

Blog Entries
    I always look for a sign and getting that batting for such a great price was yours! You sew girl!!

QM
    Sounds like a plan.

Blog Entries
    and it pleases hubby!
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Why not? Go for it!! It is always nice to please the DH when you can - lol.

I am curious about the pattern - is the Quilt a scrappy quilt or is it made from just a few fabrics?
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by eparys View Post
    I am curious about the pattern - is the Quilt a scrappy quilt or is it made from just a few fabrics?
    I'm curious too, a free pattern you paid for? Sounds like there is a story behind this.

If you enjoy making the pattern then go for it. Have fun.

Sounds like King it is!!!