Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Last Shop Hop >

My Last Shop Hop

My Last Shop Hop

Old 03-26-2011, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by LaurieE
I haven't been on a shop hop in years. What I liked about the shop hop was that each store had different fabrics, patterns, and kits. Yes, a few were the same like the Moda Marbles, but a lot was different.
I agree. I love to visit different stores - they all have their own personality. Just don't want to visit them all in the same day.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by milp04
Originally Posted by Lori S
Sounds like you would have rather been quilting than aquiring!

This is becoming a very common opinion with quilters. I want to share a suggestion with you that you can pass along to all of your local shops.

We are going to have a "One Stop Shop Hop" !!!!!

Yes, that's right, One Stop. Instead of traveling to all of the shops in a time period there is going to be a weekend "Shop Hop" with all the shops in ONE location. I think it's the new version of shop hops.

With the price of gas on the rise and busy schedules this may be a win-win for shops and quilters both. This may be how shops in country need to set up shop hops until the economy and gas prices improve.

Our "One Stop Shop Hop" has not taken place yet, it is later this year so I can only speculate on the outcome.

Pam M
this just makes total sense to do this! However, I too, am done with the traveling shop hops! Some don't seem to appreciate us, little prizes is itty bitty at best (like the mint and business card, what an insult), I think many shops have done it so long, they almost don't pay much attention to the fact it is the shop hop day, just come and spend your money. Just more work for them is the impression I get. I decided, at almost $4.00 a gallon, I will create my own shophop, and go where I want when I want and they can keep their mint! I know times are tough for them and they have to watch their bottom line, but most of us do! Their are some lovely LQS in our area that appreciate our business.