Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My lesson for today..... >

My lesson for today.....

My lesson for today.....

Old 08-21-2013, 04:35 AM

Default My lesson for today.....

I have been piecing and quilting for a couple of years now. I’m on my way to getting “pretty good” at FMQ on my Husqvarana Rose machine…and then it happened a couple of weeks ago…..I played on a sit down TinLizzie 18 at our local quilt shop. I wished someone would have warned me “STOP!”, but no, no warning…I just sat downand …well… I created. <sigh>
</sigh>

Fast forward to the past few days—I have fought my once beloved Rose while FMQ a quilt for the DH. I have wrestled with the bulk- ripped out stitches- held my breath---allthe while trying to figure out “what is my problem?” This morning, whilesitting on the back porch sipping coffee, while re-playing the frustration overand over again, trying to figure out why was this quilt so hard… it came tome!!! You see, I am like a farmer whouses a horse and plow to overturn his field. Mr. Farmer knows that there’s an easier way, but not being able to afford the “latest and greatest” he is content to use what he has. One day, he visits his neighbors, AND, the neighbor anxious to show off his pride and joy offers Mr. Farmer to takes a ride on his gas powered tractor! It’s at that moment;he realizes a whole new world lies beneath him. He gets excited as he feels the power of the machine, sees the progressand envisions all he could do if had a machine like this.
But alas his joy ride is over. He goes home and once again, hooks up the horse to the plow and trudges through the fields. He finally settles it in his mind that “oneday” he’ll get that tractor. I too hope for that “one day” for my quilting machine~~but until then, I am relearning the lesson of being content with what God has given me at this moment…..<sigh> Have a fantastic day!!!!
</sigh>

Last edited by mcook03; 08-21-2013 at 04:38 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:40 AM

This is so true.......
Old 08-21-2013, 04:50 AM

That was wonderful and so hard to do at times
Old 08-21-2013, 04:50 AM

Amen! But I am thankful that I have plenty and am healthy enough to use it. Good day to you too
Old 08-21-2013, 04:55 AM
dd

I went thru kinda like this too. We do need to be content with what God provides for us. I thought I was going to buy a Pfaff quilting machine, I also have a Rose. Then my son's car died and he needed that money for his car. Oh well. I have a nice machine. Hopefully God will upgrade our machines soon.lol
Old 08-21-2013, 04:55 AM

Looks good. I don't think we have them in the UK yet.
Old 08-21-2013, 04:56 AM

You are right ....it is too easy to covet .... especially here where everyone is bragging all the time!!!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:19 AM
Power Poster

I can totally relate to your analogy. Only I coveted the Innova on a rack. Well I saved and saved and prayed and I did get my Innova with my savings and some help from family. So dreams do come true!
Old 08-21-2013, 05:22 AM

While at the Paducah Quilt show, I quite purposely did not touch any of those machines - just know that once I start, that will be all I can think about. I do not have the space until I'm ready to give up my living room for it.
Old 08-21-2013, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

A gratitude attitude is the way to a content life. I too can do a decent job on my domestic machine but would love the room for a long arm. What helps me is to read about QB members wrestling with their tension and their desire to throw their long arm out the window.