Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My LQS is closed Thanksgiving week and Black Friday but..... >

My LQS is closed Thanksgiving week and Black Friday but.....

My LQS is closed Thanksgiving week and Black Friday but.....

Old 11-16-2011, 04:04 AM

That is a great sale....but remember FQs can be cut from remaining stock in the shop if the pile runs low on Thurs and Friday. There should be no reason why they wouldn't have FQs. Call them and ask if you're concerned.

My LQS will cut you a FQ from their bolts if that's all you want is a FQ...even when there's not a sale going on. They just put the other FQ into the FQ cabinet.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:39 AM

Go the day before and pick out what you want. See if they will hold until Sat. If not, see what you want and go on your lunch time to buy.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:53 AM

I think I feel an illness coming on.. "cough-cough" OR an morning appt and can't make it to work until noon! Here is what was in the email I received....

"Lots and Lots of fat quarters have been pulled for this special!! Also in the Pfaff Shop...........Books and Patterns..........Buy one get the second one free..........equal or lessor value. Please buy them ALL so we don't have to count them for our year end inventory count!!!!! Last year we still had over 8,000 fat quarters! Wonder where they all were??? Doesn't seem like we have that many until the counting starts!!! What will be marked down?? Moda.... Florals....... Thimbleberries....... Reproductions......Christmas and more (and anything I feel like marking down) LOL!!!!!! I will be going around the shop and green tagging...........Wed night!!! Sale starts Thursday...........come early (10am) so you get the best selections........... we will be ready for you!!!!!"
Old 11-16-2011, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere View Post
That is a great sale....but remember FQs can be cut from remaining stock in the shop if the pile runs low on Thurs and Friday. There should be no reason why they wouldn't have FQs. Call them and ask if you're concerned.

My LQS will cut you a FQ from their bolts if that's all you want is a FQ...even when there's not a sale going on. They just put the other FQ into the FQ cabinet.
Great thought. But I've been at sales where they won't cut FQ's because they're so busy with the sale.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by cmw0829 View Post
Great thought. But I've been at sales where they won't cut FQ's because they're so busy with the sale.
Sounds like that would be a great place for you to 'volunteer your sevices' in exchange for a little discount
Old 11-16-2011, 04:02 PM

I can see it now, QuiltingKrazy is "volunteering her services" after she calls in sick, and who walks into the shop but her boss, a co-worker, or the boss' significant other. I ALWAYS get caught if I'm not where I'm supposed to be, but life is too short so take a walk on the wild side. For those of us that can't attend the sale, we're counting on living vicariously through you.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:38 PM

That's my thought, getting "caught"! Well it would be getting caught spending money I really shouldn't on fabric I really don't need.... according to my DH that is....I have a jar of coins just sitting in my sewing room for a rainy day and it has been pouring here today so..... I'll post pictures it I make it!
Old 11-16-2011, 07:24 PM

I hope it isn't a requirement to NEED the fabric when we buy it!
Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 PM

Where is your LQS? I am in your sister town of Newton.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Moma Bum View Post
Where is your LQS? I am in your sister town of Newton.
Just sent you a PM, but it is in Mooresville