Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Machine Broke

Blog Entries

My Machine Broke

My sewing machine broke down yesterday and it is the best thing that has happened to me because...I finally had an excuse to buy a new one! Yea! I have been using my old Kenmore, 1970's vintage. I also was fortunate to find a store that I didn't know existed in my local area which sells, services, repairs, and gives lessons! They had a wide selection but I finally settled on one that was not too pricey for my skill level and got a Brother NX-250. It's a dream machine compared to what I was using. I plan on getting my old one repaired but will probably give it to my daughter who only wants to sew up a few seams now and then.

Jim
    Not everything that breaks is bad news...a new machine for you and one..soon for your daughter...good deal...I love brother machines
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

Blog Entries
    I'm so glad you got it replaced the same day it broke! I have a Brother and it's a great machine. Time to think about a back up machine when you find a great deal.
    Got fabric?

I envy you! I have a 1970's Kenmore too. It's my workhorse, with one of the low-end Brothers as a backup. They're both great machines. Congratulations!
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

So glad you got a new machine!!! Thank goodness your Kenmore is going to be fixed as well.

Good for you!!!

I love my Brother too.

I, too, have a 1970's Kenmore, 1976 to be exact. When I bought my Babylock, I didn't think I would use my Kenmore anymore. I was wrong. My Kenmore is a heavy duty machine. I use it when I make purses and come to the part where I'm sewing multiple layers. My Babylock can handle only so many layers, and then I get a lot of "birdsnests" on the underside. Not with my Kenmore. In fact, I've "rediscovered" the cams and the monogram attachments. Fun!
    SittingPretty

Glad you got a new machine. Have Fun
    Suzanne
    Asking a seamstress to mend is like asking Picasso to paint your garage.

I got tired of hauling one of my FWs to guild, so I took my old Kenmore over there and left it. It sews like a charm!

Blog Entries
    Yes, I will have trouble parting with my old machine. It has been a workhorse and I have put it to hard use. It has sewn everything from clothes and curtains to canvas sails and tents. Amazingly it has only been in the shop twice over the past 40 years until now and I am sure it can be repaired.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast