Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My New Baby

OMG... I have a new addition to the family. I am soooo pround of my find. Here she is for her quilting board debute...LITTLE DIVA!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's a featherweight explosion!! Congrats!

I have seen many of these posted, will you actually use it or is it just for decoration?

This is a lovely machine but it is not a featherweight. If you look up the serial number from your machine on the Singer site (Date your Singer) you'll find out what it is. It could be a 99K which is a three quarters sized machine but considerably heavier than a featherweight. Featherweights usually were portable machines (small black suitcase type case) because of the extension of the machine bed which only fit in a specially designed cabinet. Few of these cabinets were made and they are difficult to find. I have the card table for mine and have been hunting for the cabinet for years. Your machine looks to be in great shape and I hope you enjoy stitching on it.

I will probably it once or twice but I really bought it for decoration. My grandmother had one of these when I was little and it was destroyed in a flood. Ever since I have always wanted one. I was so glad that I found this one even if I do not use it, I like the warm feeling of remembering my grandmother.

It is not a featherweight. Someone mistook it for one.

How cute :!: Did you name her :?: :mrgreen:

Yes, her name is Little Diva!!

Quote Originally Posted by PBCHRETIEN
    I will probably it once or twice but I really bought it for decoration. My grandmother had one of these when I was little and it was destroyed in a flood. Ever since I have always wanted one. I was so glad that I found this one even if I do not use it, I like the warm feeling of remembering my grandmother.
    After using it once or twice, I bet it becomes your 'numero uno'!!!!

It isn't a 99 and it isn't a 319. What are the numbers or letters under the stitch length indicator? It is beautiful whatever it is, but I have never seen one like it. Maybe a 101?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast