Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: My New Favorite Quilting Tool.....that we all probably use more than we like

Blog Entries
    I have 3 seam rippers now, but haven't a clue where to find one of them.

Blog Entries
    Went to a quilt show this weekend and picked one up. Haven't tried it yet.

Our guild just had a quilt show and some of the vendors had them. I worried that by rubbing the threads I could stretch the material. I have used tape to tap against the material to remove the little pieces. Going on a bus trip to Des Moines, Iowa, for a quilt show, guess I will have to check this out further.

Blog Entries
    I've also read somewhere recently that you can use a silicone spatula to remove those pesky threads (after using the seam ripper) - haven't tried it yet, but I am pretty sure the opportunity will present itself sooner or later - lol

I have never seen this before! I'm going to have to look in to it. I do like my gadgets and if it's a really cool gadget, I will love it too!

I was at a quilt work day this past Saturday and had forgotten my seam ripper. I borrow one from someone and it was this little gem. So sharp and easy to use. I need to watch for one for myself. Good tool.

Oh boy another gotta have! It does seem like they have come up with something a bit different. I can't tell you how many things I have reverse stitched! Thank you for giving us a review.
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

I learned by accident that my Fons and Porter ergonomic one does the same thing! The handle end is rubbery and rubs the thread right away!!

I bought one for me and a friend the first week it was in my quilt shop. We came back the next week and they only had one left.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8