Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My new to me Altos' Quiltcut 2 arrived this morning

i found one on craigs list for $40.00!!! It had only been used once. I have had it only two weeks but so far LOVE it! So far i have only cut strips but seems to work great.

LOVE MINE - and my mom loves the one that I gave her too. I really think that it is one of the only things that I have given her in many years that she truly loves and uses. Enjoy it. You will wonder how you got along without one for so long.
    Jane
    Physically in Maryland but heart is in Indianapolis.

Rescued Boxers are adoptable love. Please consider a homeless/rescued pet when adding to your family.

GREAT PRICE! Thats what I paid for a used 1. I wonder what the diffrence between them are? It looks just like mine.
    Except that "thingy" that Willfreg mentioned. On mime it's plastic. I have used it but is pretty useless to me. All in all, I love it.

Blog Entries
    If I don't get the bottom of the fabric exactly straight on a line on the mat I get the V in the middle of my strips. It's hard to get it exactly straight all the way across. I have to use a second ruler to align the fabric. That is the only con I have for mine.
    Got fabric?

Hi, if you don't get your fabric on the straight of grain you will wind up with the v in the fold area.

Quote Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
    If I don't get the bottom of the fabric exactly straight on a line on the mat I get the V in the middle of my strips. It's hard to get it exactly straight all the way across. I have to use a second ruler to align the fabric. That is the only con I have for mine.
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sewbeadit View Post
    Hi, if you don't get your fabric on the straight of grain you will wind up with the v in the fold area.

The instructions say to line up the fold of the fabric on one of the mat lines. The fixed cutting guide can not line up the bottom like a regular ruler so the mat line has to be used. It really doesn't matter about the straight of grain with the fixed ruler. I had a private lesson with the Alto rep at Paducah how to use it as I was having so much trouble. She really helped. I was over thinking a lot of it making it difficult. I use it to cut on the bias, now that is fast and easy.
    Got fabric?

Congrats on your great find!!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Good for you , much cheaper than mine. I paid $209. new. Have cut a couple of peices so far , I like it. Have fun joyce j

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2