Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My New to me Machine for Quilting >

My New to me Machine for Quilting

My New to me Machine for Quilting

Old 12-17-2011, 04:18 PM

Default My New to me Machine for Quilting

I wanted a different machine for quilting with the dual feed and found this on our Craigslist. It is in excellent condition, purrs and makes perfect stitches. I am so excited, as you can tell by the picture it is like mint condition and is so purrty.lol Pfaff 1222. Does anyone have one? Do you like it? I put a quilt together on it already and it makes all the difference in the world the way they go together versus my other machines that would not feed the fabric right making almost a slight ruffle on the bottom. When sewing six inche squares together at the last side the bottom would be 1/8th inch shorter. What a pain, so I would have to pin every one inch to get it to fit right. Now I don't have to and I can enjoy my piecing so much more.

What do you and what can you do on this machine? I am so new to it that I really don't know but I did get it mostly for piecing and maybe some fmq. I need to find a fmq foot for it now. [ATTACH=CONFIG]296098[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_0071.jpg  
Old 12-17-2011, 04:41 PM

Congratulations. Looks like a nice machine. I can't give you tips as I don't own a Pfaff, but hope you enjoy your new baby.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:15 PM

I bought mine at a church rummage sale in Aug. for not that much $. It was broken and I could only find one person to work on it...so it got mailed off for repair and I'm still waiting for it to be returned 2 1/2 months later. I wish I could tell you amore about it, as I'm waiting to try it out!! I've been told it's a wonderful machine.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:21 PM

I have a Pfaff and they are wonderful machines! The duel feed is the best thing ever invented. I would go to pfaffusa.com and use the dealer locator feature to find the nearest dealer. The dealer will help you find the feet you need. Also you can email Pfaff and ask where to order them.
Old 12-17-2011, 05:22 PM

Wonderful! Happy you're happy..
Old 12-17-2011, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119 View Post
I have a Pfaff and they are wonderful machines! The duel feed is the best thing ever invented. I would go to pfaffusa.com and use the dealer locator feature to find the nearest dealer. The dealer will help you find the feet you need. Also you can email Pfaff and ask where to order them.
This machine was made over 30 years ago....dealers don't sell feet for this machine except for new adaptors. You'll have to find the original feet for it via ebay, or from people parting out their machine. The new snap on foot that's still sold to make new feet compatible is over $50!!! So, I've just taken my time to collect the original feet. I've bought 3, including the FMQ foot. Now I just have to wait for my machine!
Old 12-17-2011, 06:09 PM

I have 3 Pfaff 1222 machines. I got the first one for Mother's day in 1976 and sewed everything on it. I sewed on it until the knob you change the stitches with froze up. The repairman said it was not worth fixing since it would cost about $300 to fix it (this was about 5 yrs ago). That day I bought another one from the repair shop so I would have one that worked, and a few days after that my daughter brought me another one that she got at a thrift shop. I also have a 2054 and 2056 and I love all three machines. The 1222 machines are true work horses and I hope you love yours like I love mine. I wish I had a foot I could sell you but I only have accessories for the first 1222 machine that I got. Happy sewing.
Old 12-17-2011, 06:13 PM

Enjoy your new machine, it certainly looks in fantastic condition!
Old 12-17-2011, 06:57 PM

It looks like it's in perfect condition. Enjoy it!
Old 12-17-2011, 07:13 PM

Very nice, looks like new