Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My Open FMQ Foot Is Giving Me Fits!

My Open FMQ Foot Is Giving Me Fits!

If I'm going backwards while FMQ and then curve to go forwards many times my open foot picks up a thread that was on the previous line. For example, if I was curving to the left, move down straight then curve up to right, it picks up a thread. Then I have to stop, cut the thread, rip it out and start over in that spot. Has anyone had problems with this and how do I solve it?

Would it help to try a shorter stitch length? Or is your tension too loose on top? Or you could change to a foot without the open toe.

I,m sorry you are having this problem but, I,m so glad to see this post because this has been happening to me also. I first ordered one (generic) after seeing posts on the Yahoo group for the Juki 2010q. I ordered it and had nothing but problems with it catching on the stitches and getting caught under them. I purchased the Juki 600 Exceed a few months ago and at the time ordered "their" open toe foot for FMQ. This foot was quite pricey but I figured if it worked it would be worth it. Well the same thing is happening. I have been going to call the dealer but have not done it yet. I know what you are going through and you have my sympathy. All I want is to have a open toe foot that has no problems. For FMQ the stitch length is set at zero, so it does not do big stitches. I hope someone here has the answer to this problem. I will be watching this post. Nannyrick
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

are you putting the pressure foot lever down. I know when I start having problems I have not put the lever down.

Power Poster
    My Bernina has several plates that fit on my Bernina Stitch regulator. One of them is a round circle that doesn't catch on anything. I imagine a closed/circle FMQ foot should be available for most other machines as well.

Quote Originally Posted by StephT View Post
    are you putting the pressure foot lever down. I know when I start having problems I have not put the lever down.
    Definitely it's down! My machine won't work with it up. This FMQ foot doesn't touch the fabric, it sits just above it.

get the C foot and try that you should be able to get it off brothermall for like 5 bucks
    Brother XL-3500i, SQ-9050, Dreamweaver XE6200D

Blog Entries
    Trying to imagine what is happening. I always had problems with eyelashes on curves u til I read a thread here. Somebody had forgotten to drop her feed dogs nd the quilting was perfect. So I tried it and mine was perfect as well. So just try again and keep feed dogs up. It might help.
    Finished is better than a UFO