Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Quilting confessions... >

My Quilting confessions...

My Quilting confessions...

Old 04-15-2011, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Vickymomof6
"I fantasize about cutting up people's clothes while they are wearing them if I like the colors and suspect the clothing is cotton."

I had to laugh out loud on this one because I have done this too, men's shirts sometimes give me that little trill like when you have found that just right fabric!

I used to wash ALL my fabric but now I use some washed and some not.
I use up half used bobbins no matter what type of thread is or color in there, mixing thread types in the same quilt.
I have a real "thing" for half square triangle quilts.
I piece battings.
I love scrappy!
I really wish I could free motion quilt but I just can't get "it"
Dear Vicky Mom of 6,
Have you ever done a jigsaw puzzle? Can you picture the shape of those little puzzle "ears" in your head? Well, I thought I could never try FMQ until I came up with that vision in my head. I made some potholders to practice on. Then I decided to try a small baby quilt. If you have a darning open toed foot, you drop the feed dog on your machine, and put on a pair of pimpled gardening gloves. Lay your two hands out flat in front of you, as if you were framing something...your two thumbs sort of almost touching each other. If you can get a steady medium speed going with your foot pedal, you will press down on your three layers and start moving the fabric under the needle...remember, envision puzzle pieces. It won't be great the first time, but it gets better and better,.,.and what a sense of accomplishment! Try it; you're gonna be surprised how much easier it is than you have imagined!

fmq sample
[ATTACH=CONFIG]184583[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-184577.jpe