Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: My Quilting Pain helpers.....

Blog Entries
    My sis was given a whole set made with old t-shirts, but they were filled with untreated "deer corn"... I'm a town-girl, married to a town-boy, so I'm not exactly certain what "deer corn" is, but I think it's what hunters buy to put in their deer stands? She shared with me on a trip once and they are wonderful!! When we'd stop for fuel, we'd heat them up in the store's microwave... wonderful for stiff necks, hips, knees, whatever!! She also uses them to warm her toes when she goes to bed... oh yeah...

Yes, I use them! They are great! Around the neck, in the pocket, or at my feet in bed at night. :)

Blog Entries
    I use them for neck all the time !!

Blog Entries
    made 18 of these for xmas (along with 18 mug rugs and 18 headache masks). made muslin bags filled with flax seeds then pillowcases for each one (using the Missouri Quilt Co. you tube video). the warmer is heated separately, then dropped into its pillowcase. The cases get washed with the weekly laundry. everyone loved them. warmed their feet at bedtime. my sister borrowed her husband's and son's warmers to use for her aches and pains so I made her several more for her back, neck and knees.

Quote Originally Posted by dakotamaid
    My MIL used a sailor collar pattern to make one for her neck and shoulders. Just made it fuller wider and filled it up with rice. She loves it.
    Great idea

Blog Entries
    We have made neck bags using cherry pits or corn.

I used an old knee sock, clean of course, and fill it with rice, tie a knot in the end, put it in the microwave for 45 seconds then drape around your neck. Instant warmth and pain relief.

One of my Patchwork class ladies is semi crippled with a Arthritic back and hips so I made her a oblong cushion, out of flannel bits n pieces and added a big pocket, then popped in a Orthopedic Ice bag, a bag of frozen peas will do the same, and placed it behind her when sitting on an upright chair. After 20 - 30 mins I replaced it with a warm Lavender scented wheat bag, the relief she got was immense, I think she loves me now ;)

For shoulder tension try putting a cold pack on first, for just 20 minutes or so and then use your warm wheat bag, you will really get a whole lot of benefit, don't ask me how I know,

Signed a Cuff Tendinitis sufferer :(

Blog Entries
    OK just showing my ignorance lol do you use just regular rice? :oops: Thanks cheryl :D

I have several that I found at a craft sale. They are filled with herbs/rice and smell wonderful when heated. Really do the trick and so relaxing.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast