Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: My sewing is really going to slow down

we homeschool and don't start until Sept. 6... as a child we always started the day after Labor Day - I've kept up that tradition with my kids. :)

Blog Entries
    It is hot for the Kids too!!

Thanks to all the teachers that will start over the next weeks we will keep your spirits up!

Blog Entries
    My daughter is a teacher that is why I babysit. She goes back Aug. 8 which I thought was crazy. Aug. 1 really is. She has high school kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter54
    I have watched two of my grandkids since they were 3 months old. Exhausting, but quilting keeps me sane. The GK's are 3 & 5 yrs. old now. And I work. I would go crazy if not for quilting.
    Quote Originally Posted by hsweany
    I go back to work tomorrow. I teach Kindergarten and i can tell you after a day with 5 year olds all i can do is lie on the couch. I love my job, but August 1....really.
    Be sure to post lots of pics to get me motivated by the weekend! Lol

Thanks to all you teachers -- you are the foundation for everything this country has achieved!!!

I also am a teacher starting in a new area this year. I've been in a regular classroom for 22 years and am going to start teaching music this year. It's like starting all over again. I will have kindergarten through 5th grade students every day. I am right there with you on being too tired to do anything but hit the couch at the end of the day. I hope your year goes well and you are able to squeeze in some fun stuff after school starts.

Congrats to all our teachers they have to have so much patience. I had three small kids at the same time and I can't imagine being in the classroom all day with a whole bunch of little darlings. God bless you all. Sue

Quote Originally Posted by wakrueger
    I also am a teacher starting in a new area this year. I've been in a regular classroom for 22 years and am going to start teaching music this year. It's like starting all over again. I will have kindergarten through 5th grade students every day. I am right there with you on being too tired to do anything but hit the couch at the end of the day. I hope your year goes well and you are able to squeeze in some fun stuff after school starts.
    I teach K-5 music, too! This will be my 6th year of teaching (one year was middle school and high school, the rest have been K-8 or K-5). I'm not looking forward to less sewing/quilting time...especially at the beginning of the year. It seems like during the first month I am in bed at like 8pm. My husband teaches too but does the high school's television station and has to supervise students who broadcast school sports and/or community events once or twice a week so those will be the times when I will definitely have time to sew/quilt.

Well, off to work in my room! The kiddos come back on the 17th.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8