Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Sister wants a quilt!! >

My Sister wants a quilt!!

My Sister wants a quilt!!

Old 12-29-2011, 05:38 PM

I never had enough courage to just give my quilts, unless people specifically said they like them. Just recently members of my family have snuggled under quilts I have just had folded on the end of a couch. Wow, what a reaction, not requests but just, "Mom this feels so good and I love the colors." I figure this is the sincerest complement. Quilts are really magical! Our world is lacking in things made out of joy and with real meaning. Not everyone can appreciate them, but given exposure I think most people sense the reality of them.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:06 PM

I think it's great your sister now wants a quilt. The quilts of today have a lot of different patterns and some are more modern and that may be why she has changed her mind and it's true that woman can change their minds. It'll be interesting to see what pattern she chooses. Good luck. Sue
Old 12-29-2011, 07:19 PM

My best friend asked me to make a quilt for HER sister. I made a autumn colored quilt for my friend and she loved it. She told me her sister was so jealous. So about a week later, my friend asks if I'd make another one for her to give to her sister for Christmas. Of course, I said yes and her sister loves her too. I was so surprised, but thrilled to do it.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:27 PM

She will LOVE it as it will be from the heart. She will also be so lucky to have a quilt from her sister.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:41 AM

Default Finally converted a friend!

I have a friend who doesn't like any type of craft work, particularly quilts. She dropped in for a cuppa each week while I was working on a challenge quilt for my local group, and remarked how pretty the colours were. After 2 visits she said that the colours were really her colours, and she thought the design (Hidden Wells) was wonderful. On the 3rd visit she again admired the quilt, and I said that's great because it's your birthday present. (I had decided half way through the piecing process that I really couldn't see myself living with the finished quilt.) So sometimes a quilt finds the right person -- even someone you had no idea would be quilt worthy!
Old 12-30-2011, 04:12 AM

I have never even asked my sister if she would like one, but I bet she would. She is a bit under the weather right now so it seems like a good time to make her one. Thanks for the inspiration.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by kuseta View Post
My best friend asked me to make a quilt for HER sister. I made a autumn colored quilt for my friend and she loved it. She told me her sister was so jealous. So about a week later, my friend asks if I'd make another one for her to give to her sister for Christmas. Of course, I said yes and her sister loves her too. I was so surprised, but thrilled to do it.
What a wonderful compliment to you!