Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: My sister's dream quilt

Blog Entries
    Oh my -Would she settle for a poster for her wall. I might have tried this years ago but now I try to keep life simple

LOL, I think I might get a good sized photo and transfer it to fabric and then add borders around it with that photo as the center panel. Beyond that, I know that project is way out of my skill range.
    The only suggestion I'd have for before you start the larger more complex project is to umm.... get your head examined? LOL, Just kiddinggggggg!!!!!!!!!!! Smilessss and hugggggggs and tons of luck if you decide to tackle such an overwhelming project!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Quote Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
    The only suggestion I'd have for before you start the larger more complex project is to umm.... get your head examined?
    LOL!

I think I'm going to try to transfer it into EQ7 as a patchwork project. Tracing the picture should give me a starting point. I need to ask her what size quilt she had in mind - I could do a wall quilt of just the middle with the reaction/light rays. Or the whole thing if she's thinking bed quilt, but that's definitely more work and verging into head examination territory

I would go for it, I have three sisters and if any of them asked me to do something like that I'd jump at the chance. No piece of fabric is going to get the better of me. I agree with Grandma58, you probably need permission to use the artwork, but go for it, don't rush it, slow and sure wins the day. If you go ahead progress pictures would be nice.

Yup her dream quilt. She can dream about it. That looks way hard unless you take a picture and print it onto muslin.
    Anna Quilts

LOL Must belong to the around 50 crowd. I feel the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchit123 View Post
    Oh my -Would she settle for a poster for her wall. I might have tried this years ago but now I try to keep life simple
    Anna Quilts

I suggest you start with a good bottle of wine!!!! That is definitely out of my quilting ability

I know I wouldn't want to tackle it. Besides I already have too many to do's in quilting. I'm afraid I'd tell her no.

You are all way nicer sisters than I am and a world of better quilters than I am too! Please give me updated pictures along the way so I can be amazed! Now I've got to return to my challenging rail fence!

OMG! The artist, Joseph Kristofoletti, is from my town. His sister was in my DD's class. He is an amazing artist.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast