Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My WallyWorld "mishap" >

My WallyWorld "mishap"

My WallyWorld "mishap"

Old 07-12-2010, 05:37 AM

When I have trouble in any store, not just Walmart, I go to service desk aswk for store manager and complain to them. I also write out a customer service card and place in box. I have been told managers read all comment cards. Store managers need to know what is happening in their stores. They are the only ones whio can change it. If it keeps happening, I would contact corporate offices. Just my two cents worth.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:50 AM

I have been known to pick up one of there phones, which has a directory by it and page' "Customer Service to the Fabric Department, Thank You." They don't know if it is an employee or what. Next time if there is one, try that. :lol:
Old 07-12-2010, 05:54 AM

Contact Walmart customer service ... they will ask you the store number (you can locate it on your receipt) ... make sure you explain that there was a manager nearby as well as several employees ... none whom answered the bell ...
Old 07-12-2010, 05:56 AM

That is definitely typical of our Wal Mart. It is so frustrating. More than once, my DH has gone to the service desk and filed a complaint. He has even called the main office in Arkansas. For all the good that did! Just recently we have had a new manager come in. He SEEMS to be doing some good. It is sad. Around here, for 33 miles, Wal Mart is the only place that we have to shop. We go out of town as much as possible.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:24 AM

There are times when I shop at other stores (department stores, discount stores, etc.), and the "customer service" is equally as bad. I am a person who does complain whenever necessary. There are times when I have not enough time to do the immediate follow-through, though, and this was one of those times.

I did contact the store yesterday (Sunday) and was told that early afternoon (when this particular incident occurred it was near 2:00 p.m.) is always "difficult" because their associates do take a lunch break. I told the manager that where I work, whenever we leave the office we let someone else know so there is no question as to where we will be and when we will return. It is called common courtesy. I also told him that I do not begrudge his employees the right to take a lunch break. However, there are other ways that WalMart is wasting time and money and therefore MY time and money and could specifically discussed other problems we have experienced at that store, but that I would prefer to focus on this particular incident.

Our WalMart had been just a regular one, now it is a "Superstore" and in that re-model our fabric department was shrunk although we do still have bolts of fabric, patterns, etc. for purchase. I do prefer to shop online for my fabrics because I get a much better price than at the LQS, and WM is generally my last choice. But they are local and I don't have to drive 30 minutes to get to a better fabric store when I just need somethin simple like muslin or some fusible interfacing.

I am generally very courteous to the clerks, also. There are some who will ask what I am making and I am always willing to share. I always thank them for their help, even the surly ones, but it just grinds my beans when I am a customer who is CLEARLY requesting help and other "associates" (including dept. managers) are nearby but will not assist. :evil: Alll they have to do is tell me they do not know how to cut fabric yardage. I would be happy to show them (cutting my own, of course) if they would just operate the pricing gun for me. I do not want to cheat the store of their money for a purchase, but my time is valuable to me and I just want some recognition that I am a valued customer.

Is that really too much to ask :?: :?: :?:
Old 07-12-2010, 06:45 AM

In my defense of Walmart, I work in the fabric dept. We have always done our best, at my store, to help customers as quickly as possible. We are fighting to keep our fabric department, as we are told that it will be gone when the remodel is done. I guess i am defending my co-workers, more than walmart... they DO understaff, to save money, and it is at the customers expense.... And the fabric table closes at 10 pm, just like the other dept. service desks. I am sorry for those of you that have had bad experiences at walmart. It is sad that the coorperate world does not think we quilters are worth keeping the fabric in the stores....
Old 07-12-2010, 07:04 AM

I have been very lucky. I have always found someone close to help me in the fabric dept at WalMart. I will admit that sometimes, they don't know flannel from fleece, but at least they try to be helpful and have been very friendly.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:09 AM

I guess I was lucky over the weekend when I was getting material cut. The clerk complained the whole time she was cutting it that she hated her job...was probably going to go back to the fast food services (lucky them??). I know that she didnt cut the fabric correctly...she measured my 1 1/2 yard piece and then moved it about another three inches (in my favor) before she cut it. Wondered if I should of said something to her about that????
Melinda
Old 07-12-2010, 07:33 AM

I've had the same kind of experiences. But a friend of mine actually got tired and cut her own fabric-took the piece and the bolt up to the front cashier to pay for it. Cashier had to call a manager over-friend didn't back down. She wanted the fabric and no one was around to help her. She was able to buy it but it didn't make a difference in the department.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:37 AM

I have had the same thing happen to me at are ,WMart,i told the manger, that it is no wander that the fabric sales are not doing good because no one will come when you need fabric cut,