Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Walmart has seen the light.... >

My Walmart has seen the light....

My Walmart has seen the light....

Old 07-27-2011, 02:39 PM

I just returned from my Walmart here in Napoleon, OH, and they are bringing the fabric back! They already have quite a bit of quilting cotton, all varieties of muslins, fusibles, interfacing, and flannels, with some fleeces and decor weight fabrics. I spoke with the associate setting up the area and she said she had quite a bit to do to get to the point where they are cutting fabric, but she was thrilled to be back!

I don't buy there often, but when I do it's usually because I'm desperate for something. It will be nice to have them back and I'll buy my fusibles (I make a lot of bags) and muslins there as long as they keep the quality up.

The associate did not know if they were coming back in every store, but I think it's very telling that we got ours back because they just took them out less than a year ago.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:45 PM

It is still DARK in Canada, at least in any of the stores around here.

Originally Posted by LyndaOH
I just returned from my Walmart here in Napoleon, OH, and they are bringing the fabric back! They already have quite a bit of quilting cotton, all varieties of muslins, fusibles, interfacing, and flannels, with some fleeces and decor weight fabrics. I spoke with the associate setting up the area and she said she had quite a bit to do to get to the point where they are cutting fabric, but she was thrilled to be back!

I don't buy there often, but when I do it's usually because I'm desperate for something. It will be nice to have them back and I'll buy my fusibles (I make a lot of bags) and muslins there as long as they keep the quality up.

The associate did not know if they were coming back in every store, but I think it's very telling that we got ours back because they just took them out less than a year ago.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Google Goddess

that is great news

quote=LyndaOH]I just returned from my Walmart here in Napoleon, OH, and they are bringing the fabric back! They already have quite a bit of quilting cotton, all varieties of muslins, fusibles, interfacing, and flannels, with some fleeces and decor weight fabrics. I spoke with the associate setting up the area and she said she had quite a bit to do to get to the point where they are cutting fabric, but she was thrilled to be back!

The associate did not know if they were coming back in every store, but I think it's very telling that we got ours back because they just took them out less than a year ago.[/quote]
Old 07-27-2011, 03:15 PM

Glad to hear. We are in the area a couple times of year. I'll have someplace to go when I need to get away from family.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:20 PM

Ours gets more bolt fabric everyday....
Old 07-27-2011, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by pattypurple
Glad to hear. We are in the area a couple times of year. I'll have someplace to go when I need to get away from family.
You could give me a shout and we could meet for some quilty talk!
Old 07-27-2011, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by LyndaOH
Originally Posted by pattypurple
You could give me a shout and we could meet for some quilty talk!
Probably won't be back until Thanksgiving. I'll try to remember, but some days I can't remember my own name.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

Great news
Old 07-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

Ours is coming back too. The last time I went to Wal mart with my son he hauled me over to check it out. I think he is as excited as me.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Power Poster

Seen light, or opportunity....with cost of fabric going up and everyone looking for better deals, they are more than competition for our local quilt shops as they can buy in such huge quantities....they are a death sentence for some of the small business owners.