Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My Wife Is “Cutting Up” Again....

My Wife Is “Cutting Up” Again....

She loves to make scrappy quilts, and has decided to begin making a “99 Bottles” Quilt (62” x 78”) that she found in the Scraptherapy Scraps Plus One book by Joan Ford.

It calls for 2460 1-inch squares of one off-white fabric. Then, there will be an additional 1968 1-inch squares of print fabrics that she plans to get by cutting 492 of her 2-inch squares into quarters. Then, there will be some 31 2”x14” strips and 40 2”x2.5” rectangles that will need to be cut to go with them.

She’ll have to sew things together as she goes to keep all of the print fabrics together (mini 9-patch blocks), but I think she’s just getting to be a real cut up, don’t you?

Anyone else enjoy this kind of cutting up?

CD in Oklahoma
    "I sew, I sew, so it's off to work I go!!!"
    ThayerRags Fabric Center
    http://thayerrags.com/

Power Poster
    ​No, with the pinched nerve finally settled down in my shoulder, I do as little cutting as possible.

Oh my, those will be really tiny pieces when finished! Would love to see her process for sewing them and the finished project.

I don't mind the cutting. What I mind is the tiny little squares that I can't even pick up with my fingers.
    Too many with this one.

I have an Accuquilt Studio with many dies, so yes I cut up very easily and quickly:>

Blog Entries
    Oh Dear, Oh My, Oh NO!!!!!
    Nikki in MO

It's weird, but I do enjoy cutting. I'm making a scrappy 1930s postage stamp style quilt, but after assembling five rows and reaching a point of complete saturation, I had to put it away for a while.

http://chocolatecakequiltdesigns.wordpress.com/2014/02/09/1004-patches-and-climbing/

Oh my! Sounds like a great project but when I see patterns that call for all those pieces I get a bit swirly!! Will look forward to hearing about her progress and a picture when done.
    Alyce

Oh my! I can't imagine doing a quilt with that many pieces. I'm tired just reading about it! You should take photos to document it along its path to being finished.
    Penny

Thank goodness for my accuquilt! I sure wouldn't want to cut all that by hand, but I admire those who do. I can't wait to see the pictures. Pennyhal has a good idea there. How great of a DH to brag on his wonderful lady.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast