Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Name Ideas for Quilting Company >

Name Ideas for Quilting Company

Name Ideas for Quilting Company

Old 08-25-2015, 07:47 AM

Default Name Ideas for Quilting Company

There are too many people who can't spell my last name & some who aren't even sure about how to spell "Bree", so I've decided to apply for a "Doing Business As" name for my baby quilts company. I may do some small art quilts, but plan to mostly stick with all-cotton baby quilts. I do the whole thing start to finish: applique, piecing, quilting.

Here are the ideas I have:

Breeze Quilts (play on my name)
PurpleFish Quilts
Itty Bitty Zebra
Cotton Kangaroo

I want a name that is fun, but also easy to remember & not too kitschy since I put a lot of hours & a lot of love into my quilts and want to appeal to the high-end market.

Thoughts? Votes?
Old 08-25-2015, 08:17 AM

I think you need to have the word "quilt" in your name. Most people wouldn't associate Itty Bitty Zebra with quilting altho it's my favorite of those listed. I like Breeze, but how about Bree'z Quiltz? Good luck with your new venture and have fun doing it. Let us know how it goes.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:17 AM

I agree with JanRN to put "quilts" in the name. I would also spell Quilts with an "s" on the end, and not a Z, since (in my opinion) that makes it cutesy but not high-end. (Same with anything that replaces a "c" with a "k" as in Krafty Korner.

How about
Easy Breezy Quilt Company?
Bunny Breeze Quilts (ah, well, maybe not; the abbreviation would be BBQ!)
A Soft Breeze Quilt Shop (the closer to the top of the alphabet you are, the better the search results)

Now I'm going to be thinking about this all day. I love naming things!
Old 08-25-2015, 10:24 AM

Maybe you could have a two-tiered name, as they do with many books. Ex., COTTON KANGAROO - High Quality Baby Quilts.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:57 AM

I loves joe'smoms idea. Cotton Kangaroo was my favorite, and the two tiered name is a great idea. Good luck.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:01 AM
Power Poster

I like "Bree Zee Quilt Company", your name is in it.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:12 AM
Power Poster

Bree is a pretty straight forward name, especially for the younger mom crowd you need for the bulk of your customer base. I would go with something like Bree's Wee Ones. Something to grab the whimsy and cuteness of baby quilts.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:38 AM

I agree that you should incorporate 'quilt' into the company name in some fashion. Hubs and I debated hundreds of names over almost a 1 yr period before finally settling on a business name. Also...you might want to look into forming an LLC (limited liability company) vs the DBA. When I was researching DBA; LLC; S-Corp...LLC was the best option for small business from a tax perspective as well as low cost for paperwork. Cost us a bit over $500 for the lawyer to do all the paperwork including tax ID number, etc. Different tax structures from personal. Also, with any of the above configurations, the banks will likely put you into a 'business' account with higher fees/balance requirements. Check various local banks for the right deal. Was an enlightening process for me.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:42 AM

I agree that quilts should be in the name. If you are advertising, your avatar would look great on a business card. It's adorable.
How about Quilts in the Breeze?
Old 08-25-2015, 01:16 PM
Power Poster

I like your first suggestion. Breeze Quilts would be very easy to remember and has a light and airy, gentle and fun sound to it.
peace