Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Name labels for group members

Name labels for group members

Hi
    I wonder if anyone can help. I keep asking members to make themselves a name badge and wear it at our group meetings. The take up has been so slow. Therefore I am going to incorporate making one at our AGM. Does anyone have any ideas how we could make one that is sewing/patchwork orientated.

many thanks in advance.

Maybe something similar to the fabric postcards but about 1/2 that size....making sure you have a light place to write your name.

If you google 'quilted name tags' you can find a number of examples. Here's one on pinterest - http://pinterest.com/lawbrarian/quilted-name-tags/

Does your group pay dues? If so, you could issue a name tag when dues are paid. Most guilds do that. The large guild that I joined actually requires that the name tag be worn to meetings, because otherwise they have no way of knowing whose membership is current. If you forget your name tag, there's a small fine (50 cents I think).

Of course if you don't have membership dues, that idea doesn't work. Perhaps you could have a contest for creating the best name tag?

The other thing you can do is to let everyone who wears a name tag to the meeting put her name in a drawing for a prize. The prize doesn't have to be much, but it does encourage everyone to remember her name tag.

Our guild has used several methods to encourage members to wear nametags. One is to pay the "Piggie". We have a large pink piggie bank and if you don't have a nametag on, you have to pay 25 cents to the pig. The other method we used was to have a nametag making contest and we awarded a $25.00 Gift Certificate to the winner (chosen by secret ballots) to our local quilt shop. Both of these worked well.