Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Name of pattern

It was so simple, I THOUGHT I would remember, but don't. It is a pattern that you start with blocks (maybe the charm pack) slice them diagonally, and join then together with a,,,maybe 1 inch strip of coordinating fabric. Does that ring a bell? Thanks

Was it like this: http://www.fvqg.org/01archiv/0201.htm

Another, similar block is Indian hatchet. The strip in the middle is narrower on it.

They have all kinds of patterns & ideas to use charm packs & other pre-cut fabric on moda's website: http://www.modabakeshop.com/

The pattern I most often see using charm packs is the "Twister".

Don't remember the name but I jotted down this info for my future reference. 5" block cut diagonally, insert 1.5" X 8.5" strip. Square up corners. Hope this helps.

That first one was close, Beverly, but the center was thinner. Maybe I will try to use my EQ5 to check it out - thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by greensleeves
    Don't remember the name but I jotted down this info for my future reference. 5" block cut diagonally, insert 1.5" X 8.5" strip. Square up corners. Hope this helps.
    Jackie, thats it! - Friendlyquilter showed me this am that she made one - I didn't know the strip dimensions so thanks. I practiced on my EQ of what it would look like with different fabrics. Looks like I may start that today!

It is on my to do list also. Enjoy making it, look forward to seeing it here.

Oops, heavy fingers!

It is a free pattern from McCalls Quilting, called Scrappity-Do-Dah If you can't find the pattern i would be happy to make you a copy of it. Our guild made one last year and raffled it off. I have a picture of it some where if you would like to see the one we made. Pm me if you need a copy of the pattern I just went to mccalls.com and did a search for the quilt and found it and you can download the pattern for free i typed in free scrappity-do-dah and scrolled down a few topics and found it.

ah - HA!! Now I will have a printed copy, and know how it looks to be really scrappy. Just goes to show that a single pattern can have many many names. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast