Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Name this pattern... >

Name this pattern...

Name this pattern...

Old 06-12-2013, 03:42 PM

Up in right hand corner is a translate button for English
Originally Posted by oldmountaincrafts View Post
I found this on Pinterest and followed the link and it took me to a site that was all in a different language, other than English. I'd love to know the pattern if anyone could help. Here's the link...

http://blogartecostura.blogspot.com....e-houston.html

It's the third quilt down the red with the snowmen.

Thanks!
Old 06-13-2013, 02:54 AM

I can understand that it takes a lot of work for the designer but you could always be your own designer. If you are like most of us you will have a bookcase full of magazines with pattern sheet. If you look through them I'd bet you could design your own quilt. Then again you may be happy to pay $40.00 for the pattern. Just a thought.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:07 AM

I have seen printed panels with snowmen similar to that., not as cute as some of those blocks. Don't remember where. I go in every quilt shop I can squeak my way into from here to PA and beyond. Google appliqued snowmen blocks.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:36 AM

get with friends it is so much fun to sew together and 4 people would be 10.00 each much more affordable especially for us on fixed incomes
Old 06-13-2013, 05:12 AM

I don't know, but it sure is cute!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:18 AM

Use the translator on google, just copy and paste the info that you want translated into English.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:31 AM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I'm doing the block of the month of 'Merry, Merry Snowmen' right now. My friend on this board just finished it. I also bought the completed quilt to finish. The block of the month is lazer cut!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:48 AM

The Pink is Sugar and Spice, the Blue one in background is Play Days
Old 06-13-2013, 06:10 AM

Thank you crafterrn1 for the information on how patterns are priced. I have a friend who also developed patterns, and was surprised at how pricey the process is to get them ready to market.

If I see something that I really like that is more pricey than I put it on my wish list. My kids are always looking for ideas for me for gifts. Usually when they ask me, I can't think of anything. Now, I just make a copy of my wish list for them, and we are all happy. Or, when I save money via coupons, etc., I put that money aside, for things I might want that may seem too expensive in my mind to spend on myself.

If you really like it, then if you are financially able, buy it. Make more than one, give as gifts, or make and donate for charitable raffle to help justify the cost.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by crafterrn1 View Post
As a pattern designer I think the 40 dollar price is reasonable for a quilt with so much applique. It takes time to develop not to mention the printing. As everything in this world prices keep going up. Add bagging and the UPC code prices. Well that price is not really out of the ballpark. I know many will say it is the price of doing business and the price should be lower. I challenge you to design a pattern and get it printed. It is not as easy as it seems. I like Bunny Hill designs and feel her prices and patterns are spot on. Glad we could find the pattern for you! Enjoy the Day! Luann
Luann, I was shocked at the price as well until I looked at ea. block & realized what went into all of them. I totally agree with you when I look at it that way. Got to really want it though considering, for me, I only use a pattern once.

Pat G RN