Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
To my knowledge it's known as the Snowball and 9-Patch. It's quite old. These two are from the 1900-1920 period, courtesy of the Quilt Index at MSU. They can be done on point
or straight

Is that what you remember?
That's all I've ever heard it called.