Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: names of the quilts

names of the quilts

I have seen many quilts that I have liked but don't know the name of the quilt or where to find it. Do others have this same problem? It would be a great help if the name of the quilt was also listed with the picture.

If I see one that I really like and the name wasn't given, I just PM the person who posted the picture and ask what the name of the quilt is. So far, everyone has very nicely responded to my request.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

QM
    That's not a problem for me, but I know it is for lots of people. Of course, one problem is that many traditional patterns have multiple names and many current patterns are merely new settings of old patterns, and are not always easy to find, even if you know the name and author. For me, the solution was to buy a good quilt design program (Quilt Pro, in my case) and learn to recreate what I see, then "play" with it to make it my own. A great many patterns are in Barbara Brackman's Encyclopedia of Pieced Quilt Patterns.

Alot of quilts are made using two different patterns, that when set together create the look of a third, just by the way they are set together.