Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Naming patterns in posts >

Naming patterns in posts

Naming patterns in posts

Old 01-09-2015, 12:19 PM

Agreed. It does help and grows my list of gotta make someday quilts..
Old 01-09-2015, 01:52 PM

Oh, I so agree with every one of you. Especially about the pattern name. I always read the first posting very carefully to see if I can find the pattern name and designer. Lately, seems more often than not, there is no pattern name there. I think this thread will be a good reminder for each of us to remember to give all the info we can about a quilt that we have made. We are all here for inspiration and learning and helping others. Quilters are the best folks ever!
Old 01-09-2015, 02:18 PM
Power Poster

I've been asking this question for years. I also like to know the finished size.
Old 01-09-2015, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Yes, this is a suggestion that has been made many times, along with using descriptive titles for posts and several other ideas. It's just not going to happen... Dottymo's comment about sending the original poster a PM is probably your best bet.
i agree w both yours & dottymo's responses. one more factor to consider tho, is that several of us, myself included, don't use patterns. we create our quilts from our own designs or create starting w only a basic idea and work it out as we go along. i, for one, have only named a couple of my quilts over the years. but then i don't name my sewing machines either
Old 01-09-2015, 04:10 PM

Agree, agree, agree! I, too, would love to see the pattern name and finished size in the quilt description. Often, someone says it is her own design and I'm blown away by her creativity and skill. It also would be great to know how difficult the pattern was to execute.

All in all, though, I just LOVE to see all the beautiful, creative, quirky, colorful and happy projects that baord members choose to share with everyone. This one huge talented group of humans.

Thank you, everyone! And hugs.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by merrylouw View Post
Agree, agree, agree! I, too, would love to see the pattern name and finished size in the quilt description. Often, someone says it is her own design and I'm blown away by her creativity and skill. It also would be great to know how difficult the pattern was to execute.

All in all, though, I just LOVE to see all the beautiful, creative, quirky, colorful and happy projects that baord members choose to share with everyone. This one huge talented group of humans.

Thank you, everyone! And hugs.
Well said, merrylouw, I agree with you!!!
Old 01-09-2015, 07:46 PM

WARNING. If you name the pattern your post might be deleted. I posted a project and posted the name of the tutorial and the fabrics I used. I didn't post anything else other than the pictures (and small talk about making the project) and my post was deleted so the only thing I can think of is that I wasn't supposed to post the name of it. I have no clue why else because all they did was tell me to read the rules, which I did, and I didn't break any. I'm completely confused.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:26 PM

I guess you can name your patterns-but watch out if you watermark your photos. I reposted my project without any info. It's just simpler-sorry.