Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Narrow tip for Elmer's glue

I love the idea of using School glue for helping hold the binding on until sewn on rather than pinning - - - I have the glue but where can I get a narrow (metal) tip? I looked in JoAnn's the other day by the glue and did not see any - did I miss it? Thanks in advance for your wonderful suggetions.

I got mine from Sharon Schamber's website sharonschambernetwork dot com. I think Leah Day sells it as well (she's the one that does the 365 days of free-motion quilting blog..I think it's daystyle designs dot com but I'm not sure).

Blog Entries
    I ordered the tips from Sharon's daughter's website: purpledaisies.com

I also discovered that the do it yourself printer ink refil kits have great end tips (It took me awhile to get all the ink out of the squeeze bottle but boy it's great to use with the glue!) as well as a lot of quilt basting glues. I just refil with Elmer's School Glue.

Blog Entries
    I found it was cheaper to buy a bottle of quilting basting glue and just refill it with Elmers, too. Hobby Lobby and Michaels may carry the tips, too.

Blog Entries
    Michael's sells the tips. They were in a package with 2 tips/2 small bottles in the aisle with the acrylic paints. I think I paid $4 with a coupon and gave the extra set to a friend. But I will say, I often use it without the tip, just what's on the small bottle. If I'm careful, it's not too much. I hate cleaning the small tip and keep poking the cleaning wire thru my finger.

I'll have to check Michael's. I don't buy on-line and haven't been able to find this tip. Thanks for the info!

I love the refilling a quilting glue bottle. I didn't think of that. What a money saver.

Hobby Lobby has the empty plastic bottle with the narrow tip for .99 cents each. The screw top tip fits the elmer's glue bottle perfect. I bought 2 and just wash after using.