Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Necessary Quilting/Sewing Tools in Multiples

I seem to be able to keep up with everything but the 6" ruler with slide. I have 3 and am often trying to find just 1. I have multiples of many things; but that little ruler is the only thing that can't seem to stay in its assigned place.

Blog Entries
    All of the above and I also have three pair of these Easy Kut spring Action Scissors near my sewing machine while I'm working.

http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...on+scissors.do

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Quote Originally Posted by mighty View Post
    Ditto I also am a multiples user
    I have to agree with Jan and the rest .. I have multiples .. Maybe there is a therapy group we can all join? LOL
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Scissors, pin cushions ( I have multiple magnetized dishes), thimbles, cheater eyeglasses, rotary cutters, emery boards, air erase markers, fine tip sharpies, pencils, and M&M's!!

You all are making me feel so good! I have multiples of multiples. It seems as if the tool/tools that I need at the moment are always "in hiding". It does not help that my DD uses my machines and tools when she comes over either. But that is my excuse, it is DD's fault!
    Sweet Caroline

annthreecats
    they are my favorite scissors at each of my machines. I have given them for gifts and the girls realy like them.

suzy

Quote Originally Posted by normasews View Post
    As I desperately search for my seam ripper, it occurs to me that I should have more than ONE seam ripper in my sewing space since mine always seems to be hiding.

What other tools would you consider having multiples of in your sewing/quilting room?
    Norma
    It sounds like a great idea---but it doesn't really help. I have or 6 seam rippers and I'm still always searching. lol

Seam ripper- fasten the top of a marking pen to the side of the machine to hold it. Small scissors on a piece of elastic fastened to the sewing machine cord. That way it can't hit the floor and is easily reeled in. Saves MUCH frustration. What my mother called the "open hand" policy seems to happen with other tools - open your hand and the tool drops in that place. ;-)

Sadly, all of the above! Now if I could just find multiples of my brain.....

Two things that come to mind are the little Omni rulers that are 1" X 6". I have about a half dozen of these because they are so handy for check seam allowance and I have several pair of small (ie 3.5") Gingher scissors.
    Anne P
    Kindness counts.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast