Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Necklace to wear and cut thread

Blog Entries
    My friend who flies frequently wear this on planes to cut thread:

http://www.ineedlework.com/455-454.html

I have done this also.

To clarify your friend shouldn't be allowed to do this - as these cutters are actually not allowed as carry on (to bring onto the aircraft) because of the razor blades inside... however they can go in your checked luggage... ;)

Excerpt Per TSA found at: http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1252.shtm

"circular thread cutters or any cutter with a blade contained inside which cannot go through the checkpoint and must go in your checked baggage."

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
    - The Creative Seamstress

However - according to the TSA - here is the regulation for needlework activities:

Transporting Knitting Needles & Needlepoint - http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1252.shtm

Traveling with Special Items

Photo of knitting needlesKnitting needles are permitted in your carry-on baggage or checked baggage.

Items needed to pursue a Needlepoint project are permitted in your carry-on baggage or checked baggage with the exception of circular thread cutters or any cutter with a blade contained inside which cannot go through the checkpoint and must go in your checked baggage.

Blog Entries
    I'll tell her...I guess she's lucky she hasn't been caught with them. She flies back and forth between Florida and Chicago often.

that is what i use also

I have only flown once in my 47 years but this is a cute pendant.

Blog Entries
    Hi,

Due to my job, I fly on four planes a week. It would be very kind of you to advise your friend her beautiful pendant is not permitted ensuring it isn't taken away on a future trip. TSA works very hard to ensure passenger safety and occassionally some small items are missed, but at some point, they tend to catch them. Several times, I've witnessed frequent flyers having to give up or throw away an item they've 'flown with in carry-on luggage' because a TSA agent was being diligent.