Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need advice about a Hinterberg home quilting frame >

Need advice about a Hinterberg home quilting frame

Need advice about a Hinterberg home quilting frame

Old 09-14-2010, 05:13 AM

I just found a home quilting frame on Craigslist for $400. Of course this is an awesome price!! But- I'm still waiting back to hear from the seller to get some details; ie: what it comes with, condition, etc.
Here is the link: http://hinterberg.com/stretchframe.aspx

In the meantime, what do board members think of this frame? I did a search on the board already, found some posts... some who said it's great, some who said it's not good.
I like the idea of it, because from the way it sounds, I can:

1. Set it up, take it down, as I need to. I don't have lots of space.
2. Attach my current machine to it.

Besides those features, anything else I should know? I don't care (YET!) to do any 'fancy' quilting- perhaps after a few years? -So a long arm machine would be obviously better, but..

I'm still new and learning a lot, so any advice would be greatly appreciated! I'm getting depressed with getting all the piecing and tops done, and then DREADING the actual quilting.

Thanks! Have a great morning!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:24 AM

I don't know what kind you are looking for but I recently purchased several hand quilting hoops from Grace Frame and they are on ebay with reasonable rates. I haven't checked them lately, but I noticed last time they had the 18" still there. I think they are faizing out old models and coming out with new. I purchased several years ago my floor model Z44 on Overstock.com and it came directly from Grace Frame. They must have switched to eBay Good luck with your search, and I love mine.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:28 AM

Just sold my original Hinterberg frame because I bought a larger set-up. I really liked my frame. I bought it because I had it in the room with our hidabed and had to disassemble it when our kids came from out of state to visit. My new one I can't do that with. Let us know what you decide.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:53 AM

I have a Hinterberg frame and like it! It is pretty easy to take down and put back up, but the initial assembly was a real pain! ;)
Old 09-14-2010, 02:02 PM
Power Poster

I have a Grace frame and I have to say making the switch from doing the quilting on my table and moving on to the frame was the best decision. It is so much easier for me now. Go for it.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:56 AM

I have good news! I didn't go with the Hinterberg- but I went with my sissy Karen (kbiederman on the board) to find another quilt frame on CL- it's an original Handi Quilter- in the box (not sure if it was ever used)- and I got it for $100!! Woot woot!
Now I just have to find a table I can put it on, lol!

I'll post pictures as soon as I get it set up. I'm SO EXCITED to be able to quilt on a frame!

After the table, I'll have to convince DH to get me a long-arm. hah!