Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need advice??how to quilt?

Need advice??how to quilt?

Making two mason jar quilts, the blocks are 12 x 12 so the actual "jar" fabric is large, I need help in how to quilt these, stitch in the ditch would work everywhere but what do I do with inside of the 'mason jar'? thanks for the assistance.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-22-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: clarify title to reflect contents

you could use batting like warm & natural that allows up to 10" between quilting lines- then you would not have to worry about inside the jars as long as you quilt all the way around each one
    or you could outline some of the items in the jar, or you could simply do a stipple or meander through them- really depends on what the jars are....each may need something different, or maybe a few squiggly lines would work
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Power Poster
    I stitched in the ditch on my Jar Quilt. I then added squiggles around inside the jars. Kind of like flying insects flying around inside. It depends on what your jars hold. Are the fruit or food? You could just do some loop de loops around some of the fruit/food. Check the batt for the quilting requirements and that might tell you how much quilting is needed. You could just quilt a pretend label across the middle of your jar if that is all the quilting required.

maybe trace the food or other items in the jar. that would help.
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Ooooh, it just came to me.......FMQ the word "Ball" on the face of each jar!

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

I would do the tiny meander, can't remember the name of it now.lol
    Sewbeadit
    W. Washington