Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need advice on Juki sewing machines >

need advice on Juki sewing machines

need advice on Juki sewing machines

Old 09-25-2011, 09:32 AM

Does anyone own a Juki machine? Which model do you have? Where can I go on line to look at the different models? I have googled Juki but having a hard time finding the home models.
Old 09-25-2011, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by chamby
Does anyone own a Juki machine? Which model do you have? Where can I go on line to look at the different models? I have googled Juki but having a hard time finding the home models.
HSN has the Juki 2000Qi for sale.. and then there is the Juki 2010 that is similar. They are both straight stitch models. HSN does have other Juki's, ones with the multiple stitches for regular sewing...
Old 09-25-2011, 10:45 AM
Power Poster

I have had one for about five years and love it. I got mine from sew vac direct. Just type in sewvacdirect and it will take you there. Great company.
Old 09-25-2011, 10:58 AM

I've had my juki for about a year a half, and I LOVE it! I have the model TL98Q. It only has a straight stitch and does not have a stitch regulator - two things I would want different if I was choosing again. But it hasn't let me down on what it CAN do. :D
Old 09-25-2011, 11:09 AM

I have Juki 98Q and love it. There are newer models now that do lots of stitches if that is what you are looking for. I just use mine for fmq and straight stitching. Love the thread cutter. I got it at Sew Vac Direct.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:13 AM

Are you looking for a straight stitch only machine or one that can do multiple things?
Old 09-25-2011, 11:21 AM

i absolutely love juki machines - they are the only machines i use.

i purchased all my machines from Sew Vac Direct because they give me the best pricing around (i have 3 local dealers and they can't even come close to their prices).

call Sew Vac Direct to get their best pricing - you can always get them down on the prices over the phone.

they also price match, provide free shipping, and no tax if you live outside of texas.

they are very knowledge and can answer all your questions and if you ever have any problems they are their to help.

i purchased Singer Embroidery Machine from them (my very first purchase with them) and i broke it the first day (it was totally my fault) they sent me a new machine the same day for free and shipped the broken one back to them for free.

i have purchased a total of 4 sewing machines from them in 6 years and have always been thrilled with all my purchases.

i have a Juki 98Q that i use for frame quilting. i purchased it when the juki 2010 models came out for $450 new, so if you can still find some new 98s on the market you can get them dirt cheap since they have been replaced by the 2010 models.

its a large throat and harp machine but only does straight stitching so if you want to do machine applique you would need another machine.

i also have the F600 which i use for all my piecing and machine applique. it also has a large throat and has all the bells you want in a machine. tons of stitches, knee level, needle up/down, auto threader, etc. it is my dream machine.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Power Poster

It's so good to hear such great things about Sew Vac Direct. I got my Jukithere and three years later my frame and last year my stitch regulator from them. Their customer service is wonderful. I had problems with my stitch regulator from the start and they went far and beyond making it all right. Great prices and awesome customer service.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:52 PM

Try allbrands.com
Old 08-23-2012, 01:44 AM

Red face Juki

Just an update on my post about Juki machines. I did purchase a home machine the F300. I love this machine. I am practicing my free motion quilting alot now. I finally found a good buy on a sewing cabinet (drop in style). This makes my sewing much easier. I am thinking about trading up to the 600 model in the future.