Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need advice on machine to use with HandiQuilter II frame

I purchased a HandiQuilter II frame, used, at an estate sale last week. I want to buy a used machine that I can leave on it permanantly. I don't want or need anything other than a wide throat area, side loading bobbin, and a nice straight stitch.

Can anyone recommend a home sewing machine, that I can probably find used, that works well on a frame? I mostly make twin and baby sized quilts and am concerened about the quilts being rolled up in the throat area and not leaving enough room to quilt.

I want to use the frame and machine for SITD, border sashings, and the like, however, I would like advice on how to work with a design made for a larger block, such as a 10" square. Do you continually tie off and move the fabric to be able to complete the design?

Thanks for advice and help in advance.

Diane

Diane. Contact Mike at Mike@mikesmachineshop.com or 800-669-4917 He sells used handiquilters for a great price. Maybe you can get one of them instead of a domestic machine need the same price. He is great to work with. I bought a used frame from him. JOdie

My Juki TL98E came with the HandiQuilterII frame. Love the machine but never used the frame.

I love my Juki. It works great on my Grace frame. Take a look. These babies are workhorses.