Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: need advice

This is a quilt I am making for my niece's baby due in May. It only turned out to be 31x40 so I need to add some kind of border to make it a little bigger. What for a border? I wonder what my chances are of finding something to go with it. I bought the fabric 1200 miles away so forget going back to that shop to find a companion print. I don't think she had one anyway. What would you recommend?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    A really deep dark blue would be pretty and not hard to match to this quilt. :D:D:D

How about using the cream or yellow (I can't tell which it is) in the background of the feature squares. Another thing would be to find a marble or small overall print in the greens that frame those feature squares. Take it with you to the quilt shop or fabric store. I am always surprised at the suggestions I get from both clerks and other customers! (of course not ALL their suggestions are good!!!!! :shock:

Do you think it should be a small print? The blue I already used has dog footprints on it. All the colors are a small print.

That is a darling quilt....and I personally think it is plenty big for a newborn. Do you have any of the fabric left to do another small border if you want to or just enough for your binding? If you want to add more I would pull a color as best as I could match that you think the new mother would like best.

I would pick the blue for an extra border.

I would go with a dark blue.

If you have a selvage edge of the blue or the green, see if you can find the specifics for the fabric - then you can do a fabric search online.

I'd try to find a creamy yellow like the background of the picture blocks.
    If you know the fabric group name (check the selvedges), you might be able to find a coordinating fabric online -- or post an In Search Of on this board!

I think I might just find a fabric close to the color of the paws to use as binding.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast