Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Border Help

Blog Entries
    I put this quilt together and I need help on deciding how to I make this longer. I was thinking of doing a log cabin around the whole thing orignally...BUT...It's already wide enough, I need it to be longer, right now it's a 43" square. My intention is to have this be a big lap quilt (to cover you up from shoulders to feet).

I know I'm coming to the right place to ask. :thumbup:

Funny Log Cabin
    Name:  Attachment-78055.jpe
Views: 9
Size:  52.6 KB

I would do a row of log cabins on the top and bottom.

Blog Entries
    You could add a border to the top & bottom only, then add borders all around.

Not exactly what I'm describing, but you should get the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bring your center block back into focus by replicating (but in smller blocks) in a border on the top/bottom??? I really like your center block. Has a modern/funky look to it. I love your fabric too! What fabric is it?

I love the Red Hat Ladies. I have a quilt started with them also. I like the idea of a Log Cabin bottom.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrammaNan
    I love the Red Hat Ladies. I have a quilt started with them also. I like the idea of a Log Cabin bottom.
    Is that what the ladies are? Red Hat Ladies? LOL I didn't know, I just saw the panel and loved all the sayings on it. Reminded me of my friend and I.

Thank you for your ladies help! I would like to see a little more ideas so that I can think about all the choices. Judy G, where are you???? LOL

Blog Entries
    I'm right here, Mish. I agree with the suggestion of a top and bottom row of log cabin blocks. I think that would be really nice. Then however you plan to finish it off, with or without further borders. It's a darling quilt. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Just add borders on top and bottom. Otherwise I am braid dead this evening and can't think what a pieced border would do for it top and bottom. Gonna be great whatever you choose!

I agree with the log cabin block suggestion, but wonder how it would look to do them in the same fabrics, but a smaller size for the rows at top and bottom -- say 5 or six across? That might help keep the focus on the larger center.

I love the idea of log cabin quilts on the top and bottom. Then a border around all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast