Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9

Thread: Need CHAIR for sewing table ... what do YOU use???

I GOT THE CHAIR!!!!

I went to Office Max and looked at the white one posted earlier, thought it kinda comfy, but it recommended only: *2 hours of use* at a time.

And then I found another one I kinda liked. So then I headed over to Marshall's, and they still had this one, and I really liked it better, very comfortable and CUTE!!!

Hoping I can post a pic here of it

http://www.officemax.com/office-furn...i_sku=23179622

Well, if the pic don't show, just *click* to see

jody

Office style swivel chair. I have to be able to adjust the height, back and arms in order to keep from getting tired while sitting at the machine.

I do have a comfy club chair in my sewing room for when I am hand stitching bindings etc...
    I got fabric.... Now I need time .
    Theresa

Swivel chair, would not use anything else.
    Hi,
    From sunny and hot Arizona!

Quote Originally Posted by jj1150 View Post
    I am getting soooo close to my new sewing room becoming a reality (FINALLY) .... should be able to make that happen in a week or so

But I will need a chair for my sewing table (previously, I've used my dining room table). And I saw at Marshalls a great little desk-type chair with swivel wheels. And, OMG, it's sooo cute, Red (or Black) and the whole thing looks like it's done in one-layer of comfy leather (real or not!!).

And so, I thought, THAT would be a great sewing chair (and cute too); and then I got to thinking ...
    do most of you use a SWIVEL CHAIR for sewing or just a simple STRAIGHT BACK CHAIR??? I have to admit, I've never used a swivel chair for my sewing, and don't know if I would like it or not. Would it be hard to sew with a hair that moves???

So, what does everyone use??? All opinions greatly appreciated!!!

jody
    the last week or so, I've been sewing in the living room, sitting on the couch with my sewing machine on a folding tv table.
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

In my sewing room, I sew on a writing desk, and have a tractor seat stool!
    "Some people have bunches of WIPs (works in progress) and UFOs (unfinished objects)....I prefer to think of them as PhDs (Projects Half Done)!!" ~Elena Boen
    "Just keep in mind that your function here is to have fun and not to be someone else's interior decorator! So ... go forth and have fun!" ~Krystyna
    I cannot count my day complete 'til needle, thread and fabric meet.

I have used both and like the swivel chair best.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9