Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need a easy quick flannel pattern for a toddler's quilt

Blog Entries
    My dear mil got me some material at a yard sale. There was a piece of flannel (about 2 yards) and she asked if I could make my nephew (her only grandchild!) a quilt with it. She was thinking a tied one (like you do with fleece) but I don't think it will work with flannel. Any suggestions would be welcome!The little guy lives in minnesota so i want it to be warm too

Blog Entries
    My first thought would be a rag quilt:) Keep us posted on what you choose.:)

I would be afraid the flannel would rip from the ties. That would probably depend on the quality of flannel. The really thin stuff comes apart way too easy.

I don't think fleece and flannel fabric are interchangeable. I think the fringe made from flannel would not hold up and would raffle alot.

I would do a simple 9 patch, or add a third color and make a DP9. i often tie flannel quilts, have not had any issues with the ties not holding. if you do a rag quilt, batting could be added to the center for a really warm quilt. Example, 8 in. sq. of flannel with a 6in. sq. of batting for center. Sew "X" thru the square to hold batting in place.