Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need embroidery machine help please. >

Need embroidery machine help please.

Need embroidery machine help please.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:32 PM

Hello,
I am looking at a Viking 500E from JoAnns that is on sale for $599.99. I have noticed while searcing lots of embroidery machines and have found that majority ooof the machines have either a 4x4 and or a 5x7 hoops.

My question is why is it that even with a 5x7 frame you can only get 1 1/2 inch fonts/designs on this size of frame.

Can someone help explain this to me?

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:51 PM

I bought a Babylock Ellure Plus and only kept 1 month, and upgraded to Ellegante2 ...it was mainly because i only could load the designs on the computer and then put on a flash drive to go into the machine...it would not show a big picture, or take the big hoops! Now, mine can go straight to the machine/computer or flash stick. I can see a big picture and in color! I have 3 sizes of hoops! So take you time, and you will make the right choice. Babylock had no finacing for 2yrs. Also, i have the Babylock dealer to help with instructions and guide classes, it can get really confusing, trying to load to the machine! I only had it 2 weeks and love it! I knew i made the mistake by getting the smaller one!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:39 PM

I do believe that you really can't stitch the full area. When you are putting words together you have to figure how big the word is not just the individual letter. They limit the size of the letter so the word will fit.

Embroidery machines are completely different machines with different rules :-o
Old 08-31-2010, 11:40 PM

LOL I know nothing about embroidery machines but I just had to post here anyway 'cause you gave me a much needed laugh. I misread your post title (it's late!) and saw "NUDE embroidery machine help please!" LOL
Old 09-02-2010, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by MegsAnn
LOL I know nothing about embroidery machines but I just had to post here anyway 'cause you gave me a much needed laugh. I misread your post title (it's late!) and saw "NUDE embroidery machine help please!" LOL
LOL SO yousay it was late????? guess we know what was on your mind then huh????? ROFLOL