Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need to find pattern "Catch me if you Can" >

Need to find pattern "Catch me if you Can"

Need to find pattern "Catch me if you Can"

Old 12-24-2014, 08:02 AM

Now that others have given you the source for the patterns here is my limited two cents on this potential project:

I am mostly a self taught quilter, sewing for a bit over two years with a disabled dominant hand... and a little over 4 months ago I tackled a Jacqueline DeJonge paper pieced pattern called "Curling Colors." I went so far as to buy her DVD and while it was helpful in some ways, if you understand paper piecing you might find it a bit redundant but it was enlightening. The obvious secret to anything this complex is to not get ahead of yourself, to slowly progress and in my case learn to set seams and carefully press each part to keep the intersections "squared" so that everything lines up with the next section. Perhaps three quarters of the way into this project I discovered the technique of using freezer paper and NOT sewing through the pattern, thus eliminating the tedious part of ripping away all those miniscule parts of paper trapped in the stitching and sometimes distorting your hard earned effort when you contort the sewing to rip the paper. I also found/learned a glue basting technique that helped putting curves together and using a zipper foot to get into those tight curves for a better precision. The long and the short of it is that if I can do it so can almost anyone!

A more experienced quilter would likely know all of what I have mentioned and a whole lot more but sometimes inexperience, the desire to succeed, this board and the internet is the best teacher. When you get into doing this (and by all means go for it) and need some minor league coaching....drop me a line.
Old 12-24-2014, 08:42 AM

One piece at a time! WOW!!
Old 12-24-2014, 09:13 AM

No way, that is lovely but I do not have patients for that pattern.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:17 PM

Watch you DD conquer this -- fearless comes with those who don't know that this could be...well, difficult? Good luck to her, she'll do it!
Old 12-25-2014, 12:35 PM

HOLY MOLY! This is way beyond anything that I would dream of tackling.
Good Luck to you. With the thought of your daughter in every stitch, I am sure you can tackle this.......just might take a while!