Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need flufflier batting

Need flufflier batting

So far I've used W&N and Hobbs 80/20. While both are good and I like them, I'd like to have this one I'm working on have a little more loft and the farther between the quilting I have to do the better. Hope all of this makes sense. TIA
    aka Gale

you need a med loft poly bat ...at least that's my opinion

Power Poster
    You can look at Charisma's quilting and see if you like the look of Poly Down batting that she sometimes uses. Charimah is a longarmer that does beautiful work on QB quilts.

Central Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    There are high loft polyester battings available; Quilter's Dream makes one I can think of. http://www.quiltersdreambatting.com/dream-poly.htm

Jan in VA
    Jan in VA
    Living in the foothills
    peacefully colors my world.

I only use a high loft poly batting. Not as high as manufacturer says but the higest I have found. Connecting Threads poly batting is all very low loft. I always quilt in a large stipple.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Just a note , when the loft gets higher .. its harder to get it all under a regular machine.

I think quilters dream request have a higher loft you can always double batting as well

Tks a lot. I'll look to see what I can find since I do most all of my shopping online. Where do you purchase your batting? I've bought some from Joann's when they have it on sale.
    aka Gale

How about wool batting? I bought some from a local supplier, I bought 2 king, 2 queen and 2 lap sizes. I know it will work great, the only problem is my German shepherds love it and keep carrying the bags of it around when I let them in my sewing room. It's really kind of funny.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gigi712 View Post
    Tks a lot. I'll look to see what I can find since I do most all of my shopping online. Where do you purchase your batting? I've bought some from Joann's when they have it on sale.
    I wanted a thick batt For a quilt to use as a comforter. Purchased it on line and it was called 'fat batt'. Can't remember who I purchased it from but bought two and have not been disappointed with them. The way I found it was going thru sites that sold batting. Hope this helps.