Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help..again

Iam wanting to make a Dresden Plate and all I can find as a template is a 3" plate. I would like to make one to put on a 12" block....can anyone help me please. The 3" plate seems way to small for the 12" block............Thank you so much

Donna

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Donna P
    Iam wanting to make a Dresden Plate and all I can find as a template is a 3" plate. I would like to make one to put on a 12" block....can anyone help me please. The 3" plate seems way to small for the 12" block............Thank you so much

Donna
    Can you maybe copy the 3" template and enlarge it. And then cut a template from that copy with cardboard or if your hubby is able to out of a peice of wood thats been sanded on the rims? Just an idea.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have an Easy Dresdent Ruler which allows you to cut blades any size up to 8 inches. I love it. I recently was practicing with it for my upcoming Dresden Plate quilt and cut blades at 3.5 inches. These are now on a hot pad that is 8.25 inches square finsihed. The blade tips are about 1/2 inche from the binding. I would say it could've been set on a 12 inch block if you wanted.