Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help with Bow Tuck

I recently purchaced the bow tuck pattern and have the fabric. The pattern calls for 987F fusable fleece. My WM doesn't carry it and the nearest quilt shop is an hour and a half away. It there something I can use as a substitute or do I have to bite the bullet and order online? I went to JoAnn's web site and didn't find it ther either. I'm really anxious to get started !!!

Blog Entries
    I used the fusible Pellon fleece and it works well. I suppose you could spray baste another type of fleece or batting since the sandwiches will be quilted anyway.

Order if off of the internet somewhere. Just make sure you order 3 times the amount you need because once you make one, you are gonna want to make more. They are just too cute!

Thank you ! Good idea !

you can use interfacing and batting, the fusible gives the fabric a bit of stiffness and the fleece ands bulk and if you do some quilting it will give it more stability and keep the batting in place too.

I bought it at JoAnns local store so I am surprised that the website doesn't have it. I had checked a couple of Walmarts also and none that I visited carried it. Good hunting!

I have made them with fusible fleece and with batting. I like the fleece better but both will work.

My local quilt shop sells it. You can give them a call and they will ship to you. 334-396-6600

To Kaye in Seymour, MO:

The FM store on Sunshine and Fremont has a stiff fusible interfacing they keep in stock for bags (forgot the name of it). Sells for $3.99/yd. I thought that was pretty good price. (I noticed in a previous post that you like FM Store)