Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help figuring out what treadle machine I have...

Hi,
    This is my first time posting, and I have read a lot, and LEARNED a ton. :) Supposed a lil intro will be good as well, I am 26yr old SAHM of 4 kids under 5 LOL Just recently fell in love with treadle machines :)
    Which leads me to my question....I picked up 2 of them for $50 for the pair off Cl's, and I figured out one, very common Egyptian decals singer #27.
    The other, I am having some issues with....It says "Queen" I found a paper in the drawer, it was bought Oct 22nd 1900. Had a 5 year warranty LOL Said White Sewing company on it as well, but I haven't been able to find out anything on it really...It has a fiddle base, I attached pics of both machines in the cabinets, as well as a close up of the Queen....Any help would be great :)

Heres the singer #27
    Name:  Attachment-207832.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  8.1 KB

this is Queen
    Name:  Attachment-207833.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  7.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    I'm no help with the machines but I wanted to welcome you to the Quilting Board from Louisiana:)

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Indiana. Don't know anything about treadle machines. They are beautiful though :)

Thanks ladies :) I know there is a section for the vintage machines, just don't know how to post in there LOL

You might consider reposting your topic in the VSMS (Vintage Sewing Machine Shop) section of our board. Billy (Lostn51) and others would likely be able to quickly tell you about your machine.

Congrats, tho. :thumbup:

Banned
    did you type in Queen Sewing Machine in a search There are lots of pictures there.

I can't figure out how to post in there... :( If a mod could move this over there, that would be awesome!
    And I have searched pictures for it, and haven't been able to find any that match what I've got....been looking around since yesterday...

If anyone can tell me how to post in that section, I am all ears :D

Welcome from Arkansas. Your machines are beautiful. Go to the Main page, go down to the bottom to User Defined Topics List, click on that, when you get to that page go down to the bottom and click on Vintage Sewing Machines....

Quote Originally Posted by RayneBowBrite
    I can't figure out how to post in there... :( If a mod could move this over there, that would be awesome!
    And I have searched pictures for it, and haven't been able to find any that match what I've got....been looking around since yesterday...

If anyone can tell me how to post in that section, I am all ears :D
    Go to that section, found at the link below, and hit Reply to the very first post (they have over 1000 pages now) and then Send after you've posted your message.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-43881-1.htm

Awesome!!!! Thanks you guys!!!!! :D