Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help to find pattern..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearspaws
    Found it! Thanks for all your suggestions, it's in Issue 82 of Quilting Today magazine. Phew! I thought it would look cool in batiks so I'm off to see if I can find some pre-cut batik squares somewhere...
    Where can I find a copy of it? Doesn't have to be free! Is issue 82 and old one?

Thanks!

Oh, I looked it up and its from 2001! Oh, well!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsie
    Quote Originally Posted by bearspaws
    Found it! Thanks for all your suggestions, it's in Issue 82 of Quilting Today magazine. Phew! I thought it would look cool in batiks so I'm off to see if I can find some pre-cut batik squares somewhere...
    Where can I find a copy of it? Doesn't have to be free! Is issue 82 and old one?

Thanks!

Oh, I looked it up and its from 2001! Oh, well!
    Someone on ebay might have a copy. I bought my copy from the thrift store. I really like those old Quilting Today magazines, lots of cool patterns in them.

This tutorial on You Tube will show you how to do it with the circle magic ruler:

http://youtu.be/3gKvdrexKE4

I learned this quickie technique many years ago while in Florida and it is called "Mo-Mo's Star" - have no idea who Mo-Mo is!!!
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-07-2013 at 06:54 AM. Reason: offering to share copyright pattern

Like this one !!

You never did say the name of the pattern for future reference although I wouldn't be making it. !!!

I would love to find the pattern

community benefactor sfguimaraes's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wonderful! I would love to make one for me!!! ;)

its beautiful, I think Id like to make one. Id do it as a quilt as you go, and a sandwich of 2 circles and batt, (circle 1 - rite side out, layer batt shape on it, 2 circle rite side to batt, sew around outeredge, leave opening, turn, press, close.) Make a batch of finished circles first. Then, find the hex size to fit in the circle, (you can do all this on paper first to make a patt). Then just sew back to back, in this pic the backs are all white, in rows, press open and sew down the petals - I think that would work and it would be done when you got to the size you wanted sharet

community benefactor sfguimaraes's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arimuse
    its beautiful, I think Id like to make one. Id do it as a quilt as you go, and a sandwich of 2 circles and batt, (circle 1 - rite side out, layer batt shape on it, 2 circle rite side to batt, sew around outeredge, leave opening, turn, press, close.) Make a batch of finished circles first. Then, find the hex size to fit in the circle, (you can do all this on paper first to make a patt). Then just sew back to back, in this pic the backs are all white, in rows, press open and sew down the petals - I think that would work and it would be done when you got to the size you wanted sharet
    This is exactly what I'm doing right now with a piece of paper. But it is not enough... doing this (I hope my "English" is understandable... LOL) what happens is that we have a smaller "white petal"...

Look: if we "open" the white petal, what results is not a circle...

It seems to me that we need to begin with a "flower 6 petal" shape...

What do you think???

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast