Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need Help Finding Challenge for Guild >
  • Need Help Finding Challenge for Guild

• Need Help Finding Challenge for Guild

Old 07-27-2010, 07:18 PM

Hello all. This group has been so wonderful. I was wondering if anyone has a challenge they are willing to share with me. I am to come up with a challenge for our quilt guild and I would deeply appreciate any ideas. I am a new quilter, older crafter & sewer. I am not new to being creative just new at quilting and machine quilting. I LOVE IT! Thanks for all your help. God Bless you all!
    Old 07-27-2010, 07:31 PM

Crayolas, M&Ms, ugly fabric, and commercial color challenge are all ones I have participated in.

The commercial color challenge was a little different. The coordinator had a bag full of things we got to pick from. The things were napkins, greeting cards, food labels, book covers, etc. We had to make something using the same colors in the same proportions as our thing.

The crayolas we drew two and had to use those colors. The M&Ms we drew one and could use the complementary color straight across on the color wheel and either black or white.

Ugly fabric, you put a fat quarter in a paper bag and pass them out. We had to use at least 50% of the ugly fabric and not just for the binding.
    Old 07-28-2010, 05:00 AM

What about the 9-patch challenge that I've read about on this site? I'm thinking of challenging our guild to use scraps and see what they could come up with -- one color --brights -- flowers--kid prints or simply scrappy.
    Old 07-28-2010, 05:15 AM

I was in charge of challenge quilt last year. We did "something with wings" One year did a quilt project where you need to use a handi in it. Another year we did a black and white plus one other color. We also did one called "Name that song" Where the quillters made a quilt about a song and the quild had to name the song. Lots to choose from try checking out ont thesomputer by typing in quilt challenge.
    Old 07-28-2010, 06:46 AM

How about Downy quilts. They will send you the fabric for the quilt. You stitch the quilt top, quilt and bind it and send it back. Not only does your quild have a project but the finished quilts go to a good cause. search Downy Quilts, its sponsored by Downy fabric softener.
    Old 07-28-2010, 11:16 AM

Thank you all for your great challenge ideas. Gives me somewhere to start. LOL. Happy Stitchin.