Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help finding this pattern >

Need help finding this pattern

Need help finding this pattern

Old 02-22-2014, 06:53 AM

Default Need help finding this pattern

I was reading an older post about neutrals on "See How We Sew" and a photo of a quilt with a curved block was presented by Christie Batterman but there isn't any mention of the name of the pattern or designer. Here is a link to the post
http://seehowwesew.wordpress.com/201...d-sensational/

I would really like to find this pattern to make it for my son and daughter-in-law so any help and info would be greatly appreciated. I did send an inquiry to the site but have not heard back from them yet.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-22-2014 at 10:30 AM. Reason: remove copyright picture
Old 02-22-2014, 07:27 AM

If you find the info - please post it! I did an image search and that was unsuccessful.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:32 AM

It looks a lot like Louisa Smith's Florabundance. She sells the templates too. Christie Batterman just gave some of the blocks a quarter turn. http://quiltescapes.com/gallery/disp...=florabundance
Old 02-22-2014, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

Christie Batterman has a website, maybe you can contact her and ask. http://www.artichokecollection.com/contact.html
Old 02-22-2014, 07:41 AM

You didn't read the comments on that other site. Someone asked your same question and the reply was this: "There isn’t a pattern currently available for the quilt I made for my nephew Joel. However, Louisa Smith’s “Strips and Curves” basic set of templates is extremely close. I don’t think you would be able to tell the difference."

I agree that Louisa Smith's book would give you everything you need to know in order to make a very similar quilt. And it's very simple to make your own templates, the patterns for them are in the book.

In reply to the same question later on, she replies: "I’ve never seen this pattern online. I bought the templates many years ago and don’t recall where I purchased them (it was when I first started quilting and was in that initial buying frenzy!) The quilt is called Lava Lamp, but has no contact information on the package. When I search online for that name I get a very different pattern."

Last edited by ghostrider; 02-22-2014 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 08:03 AM

Thank you so much for the great info!! You all are the best
I didn't look at the comments below the post. This is a great start!! I first thought that it could have been from Elisa's Backporch Designs but Louisa Smith’s do seem to be the closest.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

Very pretty modern quilt but I have yet to ever sew circles and being as old as I am, I probably won't try !! I would get some graph paper out. Figure out how large of block you want and start breaking down the block. I always found different sizes of plates that worked for curves and arches. Good Luck !!