Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: need help in finding a pattern

I am trying to find the quilt pattern "Sierra Sunrise" by Margarete Heinisch. It was featured in the Oct/Nov 2009 issue of Quilters Newsletter but they didn't give complete instructions, only how to make the block. I have done a google search but can't find where I can buy the pattern. I would love to use it and make a family tree quilt by using embroidery and applique to put names and dates on the blocks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all!

Blog Entries
    I have the mag too, and earmarked it for one I would like to do. Maybe you can contact her-she lives in West Hills, California. Or maybe you can contact QNM and see if they can get the full pattern. Another way, is just make the tree blocks, and use another pattern with a similar lay-out (I've seen them with baskets) and do the applique leaves on the border.

Blog Entries
    The block is the pattern, just sashed and put on point for the layout. The border is wide with appliquéd vines and leaves. I think her color choice makes the pattern. It's an awesome quilt.

Blog Entries
    Did you look here?:
    [url]http://www.quiltersnewsletter.com/articles/interview_heinisch{/url}

Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Try this link. The above link did not work for me. However, this does not give a pattern either?????

http://www.quiltersnewsletter.com/ar...rview_heinisch