Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need Help! Going to Houston Quilt Festival

Keep your cell phone handy, just in case you and your buddy are in 2 separate booths. Wear a special hat if one of you is short. Do not take a cart on wheels. Wear really comffy shoes. Vender are on 1 side and the quilts are on the other. Enjoy! THere is so much to see and take in.

who is going to festival on Thursday?
    via a tour bus from San Antonio or surrounding areas

Sounds like fun. Wish I was going.

Michelle, if you stay in the downtown area, taxis to any place in the downtown area are $6 a cab full, including to the convention center. So if two or more share a cab, it can be very inexpensive. Good Luck

Hi Michelle. If you stil need hotel rooms in Houston I have two that I just tried to cancel with hugh penalty because it was past 30 days. Maybe we can make some arragements if you still need one or two rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 View Post
    HAVE FUN !! Be sure to have your walking shoes WELL BROKEN IN. LOTS of walking..... I stayed with friends and rented a car. MUCH cheaper. Be sure to have a game plan with what to do each day. Plan to visit the local quilt stores. Time goes by so fast when you are on the convention floor.
    I second this...ESP the shoes! Dress up as you wish from the ankles UP! My other advice? a pad of paper and pencil. Jot down the booth number and what you THINK you might like to come back to. You will NEVER find it again if you don't note what booth! (ask me how I know!) ...oh ..and something for achy muscles and feet!
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

We are going too... Got a hotel out near Bush Intercontinental though, and DH rented a car, so he can go do non-quilty things... I would probably expand my geographic area and look into cabs, our rooms were significantly less than those close to the convention center...

Have fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2