Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help with a kenmore 158.12511

Need help with a kenmore 158.12511

I purchased this machine a goodwill store today, and I can't set it for a straight stitch. It sews a very nice
    zig zag. How do I set it indicators for a straight stitch? The machine is nice and I would love to know
    how to set the indicators. If you could help, I would really appreciate it. Thank you
    Quilt until all your troubles disappear!

Blog Entries
    I Googled images and ran across this QB thread:
    the Kenmore Call is strong-got another one

See that dial at the upper right that says "stitch selector"? And the one underneath that says "stitch width"? I think if you select a zigzag stitch and set the width to 0, you will get a straight stitch. Worth a try, anyway.

I used to have a kenmore 158, I can't exactly remember but I think that you move the dial to straight stitching by changing the stitch width to "0". It has been many many year ago.

Thank you so much. Moving to O worked. Do you know if you can drop the feed dogs on this machine? Thank
    you again. This Board is great.
    Quilt until all your troubles disappear!

I don't know whether you can drop the feed dogs on that model (although I can on my old Kenmore, which is about 3 years older that yours). You may be able to adjust the pressure regulator enough to do FMQ. Here's a link for the manual for the 158.12512, which is essentially the same as your machine. http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_...M/1009324L.pdf

You can fee motion with the feed dogs up. I used to do it all the time. One time I forgot and saw no difference.

I would bet the farm you can drop the feed dogs. There should be a lever for that. Check underneath when you remove the free arm. Maybe to the right?